Visit the Camp's Website for more information.
You may also contact the Camp Director with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should have:
1. A strong interest in the natural sciences and in outdoor activities, and be highly motivated.
2. Average (or above) grades in natural sciences and mathematics.
3. A flexible and tolerant attitude about occasional adverse conditions, such as rain, heat, humidity, or insects.
4. An ability to communicate with diverse groups of people, including faculty, other participants & guest instructors.
5. A desire or plan to attend college.
1. Students must be nominated by a teacher, county extension agent, county Farm Bureau, youth leader, natural resource professional, or a TCTWS Member.
2. Students must be a sophomore, junior, or senior in high school.
3. The nominator must submit a confidential letter of recommendation, limited to one page per student.
Kevin O' Neal, a biologist with Texas Parks and Wildlife working in Fredericksburg, passed away in 2002. In his memory a scholarship fund for the Texas Chapter's Wildlife Conservation Camp has been created.
To see pictures from past camps, click on the links below.